Home is where the heart is, and our hearts yearn for a cozy, comfortable, and stylish home -- a place where we can relax after an exhausting day, a place where we can laze around on Sundays while binge-watching our favourite movies, or simply a place where we share our thoughts, desires, and worries with our loved ones. To summarise, there is no place like home.
And it is without an iota of doubt that we know the importance of the bedroom in our homes. It is the sole place where you unwind and rejuvenate, and get ready for the next challenge. It is essential to make this room to our liking -- and most importantly the bed. A perfect bed is sturdy, is topped with a comfortable mattress, and then is covered with a bedsheet of our liking, be it an embroidery design, block print design, Sanganeri print, Jaipuri bedsheet design, or Rajasthani bedsheets. Bedsheets are not just a piece of mattress covers but are a tactful representation of our taste.
While there are numerous varieties of bedsheets available in the market, the most popular bedsheet prints in India can be broadly classified into the following 5 categories:
- Geometric print bedsheets - As suggested by the name itself, a geometric bedsheet features geometric or symmetric designs and patterns all over its surface. Striped designs are also a part of geometric bedsheets. Other forms of geometric patterns include circles, squares or both, rectangles, triangles, or any defined shape to create a pattern. They give a slightly modern look and feel to the bedroom, and can be used to up the style quotient of any room.
- Rajasthani, Bhagalpuri, Jaipuri bedsheets - Want to give an ethnic feel to your bedroom? While everyone who wants these looks goes for handmade wall decors, paintings, and sculptures, we strongly recommend covering your bed with Jaipuri, Rajasthani or Bhagalpuri printed bedsheets. Not only are they display the intricacies of Indian culture, but their small detailed motifs and patterns are true representations of the artists’ imagination and creativity. Thus, if you love art, you can never go wrong with a Rajasthani bedsheet.
- Floral bedsheets – Florals are evergreen. Be it large prints of roses or small prints of lilies, floral bedsheets are always there to give a fresh, nature-like, outdoorsy feel to your bedroom. They are often the most popular choice in bedsheet design, with most people opting for them whether they need a single or a double bedsheet. The reason people often choose floral bedsheets is that they liven up our bedroom in many ways. From an irregular pattern to a symmetrical one, floral motifs never get boring. They go very well with solid-coloured plain walls as they provide a visually contrasting touch to the look of the room.
- Abstract bedsheets - The word ‘abstract’ refers to something that is non-conforming, or non-objective, and for all the out-of-the-box thinkers out there, abstract prints bedsheets are a perfect choice. Not bound by set rules of design or space, if you want a bedsheet that stands out in every way, abstract bedsheets are the way to go. The prints range from the skyline of New York to a jumble of shapes and letters, to simply a splash of colours on a solid background. If you are the one who doesn't adhere to defined lines, abstract prints are your perfect bedsheet match!
- Cartoon print bedsheets – Adorn your child’s room with cartoon-themed bedsheets. Brighten up their room with a wiggle of Spongebob and Squidward. Motivate them to eat their spinach with Popeye. Make them go do-do-do with a baby shark. When it comes to kids, you only want the best for them. And cartoon bedsheets are one good way to ensure that your child stays in bed with his/her favourite buddies.
These are some of the most popular bedsheet prints in India. Whether your favourite is Jaipuri bedsheets or abstract ones, make sure that you purchase them from a trustworthy retailer.