Every parent wants their child to have the best of everything, be it toys, books, or clothes. They want to provide a comfortable environment at home that is conducive to learning, playing and relaxing. This is why modern parents spare no aspect when it comes to setting up a space for their child at home, be it by getting designer bed sheets or setting up fairy lights in their room.
If you are planning to decorate your child’s room and are looking for inspiration, here are 5 fun ideas to set up a room that they will just love:
- Spruce Up the Walls – Walls are one of the first things that are considered when setting up a new room. For a children’s room, it would be a good idea to paint the walls in bright colours or in your child’s favourite colour. You can use designer wallpaper if your kid loves art. Alternatively, you can add cool posters on the walls that will not only be fun to look at but will also keep your child motivated. Another idea is to decorate the walls with amusing wall hangings or wall décor items like Batman’s mask shaped blackboard or a globe-shaped table lamp.
- Quirky Bedsheets and Curtains – Kids love cartoons and most even dream of living with them. I remember I did when I was a kid! While it is impossible to bring a cartoon to life, they can surely be brought to your kid’s bedroom. Today, a lot of designer bed sheets, curtains, table cloths, etc. are easily available in the market in prints of different cartoon characters.
While young children love cartoons, teenagers prefer music bands, floral, geometric, and even Jaipuri prints. All these prints are easily available in the market in the current times. All you need to know before online bedsheet shopping is your child’s preferences and you’re all set.
- Go Colourful – Children love colours. Get them a yellow bookshelf, a pink wardrobe, blue curtains, and a red chair, and they’ll be happy. When decorating a room for your child, don’t be afraid to experiment with colours. Not to say that you should ignore the theme of the room, but decorate the room in such a way that it welcomes different colours.
- Keep it Fun – What’s a child’s room if it is not fun? Hang cute décor items, leave some space to make a tent house, get a unicorn-themed chair, and place music instruments. Set up a games corner and make it fun. This will help you set up a room so good, even adults would be tempted to stay there!
- Don’t Forget the Learning – Ensuring constant learning of the child is as important as encouraging joy and comfort. A few ways to inspire your child to keep learning is by adding a fun-looking bookshelf that attracts your child to be near books, or adding a large world map painted or stuck on the wall. A comfortable study table and chair, cute pens and pen stands, etc. are few other items that will compel the child to try them out and continue learning.
Now that you know which elements to include in your child’s room, don’t wait any longer. Whether it is bedsheet online shopping or contacting interior designers, make a list of your child’s favourites and get started right away!